What is a USB Condenser Microphone?
The primary type of microphone used in recording studios and radio stations, condenser microphones are the ideal choice for capturing vocals and acoustic instruments. Unlike a dynamic microphone, a condenser microphone collects sound from throughout an environment such as a room, rather than only picking up whats happening directly in front of it. It is capable of capturing much more detail with a wider, flatter frequency response. Trouble is, conventional condenser microphones arent made to interface with a computer you have to provide a microphone preamplifier and an analog to USB interface.
The C-1U has a built-in USB interface that derives the needed power directly from your computers USB input and requires no special drivers. Just plug in and start recording your masterpiece!Does Awesome Sound Come Any Easier?
The short answer is no. Unlike most other USB microphones, you wont need to download any additional drivers to begin using the C-1U right out of the boxit even works with Vista! You also get an extensive software package with Audacity for recording, Kristal Audio Engine for editing and multitracking, Podifier uploading software and PodNova downloading software. It works like this: Connect the mic to your PC or Mac. Load Audacity and save your recording onto your hard drive. Now load the included Kristal software and you can edit your recording or add tracks. Now youre ready to upload your work onto the Web via Podifier.Sound That Astounds!
Getting started with the C-1U may seem like childs play, but this pro-caliber microphone is anything but a toy. It has an exceptionally flat frequency response and pristine sonic resolution that ensures content-rich audio that is as natural sounding as the original source. The cardioid pickup pattern provides unparalleled sound source separation and feedback rejection. The C-1Us ultra low-noise, transformerless FET input circuitry can handle extreme dynamics, all the way up to 136 dB, with ruler-flat frequency response from 40 Hz to 20 kHz. That means that even if the special guest on your next podcast happens to be a revved-up jet engine, this workhorse mic will not distort!Product Features:
- Professional, large-diaphragm condenser microphone with built-in USB interface, ideal for podcasters and musicians
- Plug this amazing USB-mic straight into your computer and turn your PC or Mac computer into a recording system without the need for any other hardware
- Directly works with your PC or Mac computerultra-low latency ASIO and WDM drivers for PC audio optimization included
- Exceptionally flat frequency response and ultra-high sound resolution perfect for voice, acoustic instruments, etc.
- Cardioid pickup pattern for outstanding sound source separation and feedback rejection
- Pressure-gradient transducer with shock-mounted capsule
- Comprehensive podcasting and audio editing software (Podifier, Juice, PodNova, Golden Ear, Audacity) for computers, both PC and Mac
- USB connection cable included
- Swivel stand mount included
- Ultra-rugged construction with metal die-cast body
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany