This camera features the capability for hours of pristine video, on SDHC/SDXC media in a wide range of formats ranging from 4K Ultra HD, Full HD, standard definition and web friendly formats.Conventional DSLR cameras simply can't match the high reliability, long recording time and ergonomics provided by JVC's GY-LS300. Its dual codec design allows you to make 2 copies of your program simultaneously. You can even stream live HD over the internet to content delivery networks such as USTREAM while recording full HD. No other removable lens video camera offers this much flexibility in such a compact, easy-to-handle form factor.
The GY-LS300 features a JVCKENWOOD AltaSens 4K CMOS Super 35 high sensitivity image sensor uniquely combined with an industry standard Micro Four Thirds (MFT) lens mount. The single chip CMOS sensor has approximately 13.5 megapixels and achieves a standard sensitivity of ISO 400 with a total of 12 stops of exposure latitude. Super 35 Cinema lenses may be used and will retain their native angle of view.* When the camera is used with MFT, Super 16 and other size lenses, JVC's proprietary Variable Scan Mapping feature will maintain the lens's native angle of view. This gives filmmakers the flexibility of using widely available MFT lenses as well as high end cinema lenses. It is also possible to attach the camera to microscopes and other devices using a MFT/C-mount adaptor. The unique combination of the MFT mount, the larger S35 image sensor and Variable Scan Mapping give the camera nearly limitless lens options.
The Micro Four Thirds mount offers full coverage of the Super 35 sensor, as shown in this actual photographic comparison with an MFT sensor. With the GY-LS300, you get all the benefits of the MFT mount plus the benefits of a larger sensor.Product Features:
- Newly developed 4K Super 35 CMOS image sensor
- JVC Log to capture 800% dynamic range**
- Color matrix / Black paint adjustment**
- Spot meter**
- Micro Four Thirds System Lens Mount
- Variable Scan Mapping (VSM) maintains native angle of view for a variety of lenses including Super 35, MFT and Super 16.
- Adapters available for PL and EF mount lenses.
- Prime Zoom feature links VSM to zoom rocker enabling lossless zoom with prime lens**
- Cinema 4K (4096 x 2160) 24p recording at 150 Mbps**
- Cinema 2K (2048 x 1080) 24p recording at 50 Mbps**
- 4K Ultra HD recording (150 Mbps, 24p/25p/30p) to SDHC/SDXC(UHS-I Speed class3) card
- 4K Ultra HD recording (70 Mbps, 24/25p/30p) to SDXC/SDHC(Class 10) card**
- 4:2:2 Full HD recording at 50Mbps (24p-60p)
- 3 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16 and 1/64)
- HD-SDI (3G) and HDMI outputs (4K output via HDMI only)
- HD-SDI and HDMI outputs can feed and trigger external recorder**
- 2-channel XLR audio inputs with phantom power
- Shotgun microphone included
- Dual SDHC/SDXC slots enable Dual, Backup and Continuous recording
- Advanced JVC streaming engine compatible with USTREAM, Zixi and Wowza Streaming Engine
- IP Network Remote Control, Remote Viewing, Metadata editing, FTP clips*
- 3.5-inch color LCD display (920K pixel) with smart focus assist function
- 0.24-inch color viewfinder (1.56M pixel) with smart focus assist function
- Histogram Display**
- Wired remote control supported
- 10 user button assignable functions
- Includes handle unit, SSL-JVC50 7.4V battery, AC Adapter and shotgun microphone