The DP-006 and the DP-008EX are built with two condenser microphones directly in the front of the units. Record vocals or acoustic guitar anytime without the need for extra equipment or set-up time. TASCAM held many evaluation tests to secure the best sounding microphones and structures. Modeled after the top-selling DR series microphones, you can be assured you're receiving top-quality, Moreover the DP-006 was designed with a tripod mount for versatile set-up and placement.
Both models are optimally designed for on-the-spot recording. No unnecessary features were included that might complicate the recording to ensure easy functionality. Designed with Analog functionality and dedicated control knobs these POCKETSTUDIOs are the simplest to use songwriting scratchpads on the market.
Both models have two input terminals by phone-jack, these terminals provide to connect an external microphone, an electric-acoustic guitar and a line-level device like a synthesizer. If you prepare any conversion cable, a tablet device like a iPad will be able to connect. (Conversion cable is not included)
Both models record to widely available SD/SDHC card media (2GB card included). In addition, both models can connect to PCs via USB2.0 for high-speed data transferring. All song ideas can be transferred via USB or SD card readers to and from the units at any point in the recording process. Files can be used in correspondence with DAWs.
Both models supported file import/export by Wav format. Also, mono file and stereo file are available. This feature offers various advantages. For example, at first, you import an instrumental song which created by a DAW. Then, your ideas capture by the DP-006 or the DP-008EX. After recording, these ideas can export from a DP, you can be editing and mixing raw song data and recorded data on your DAW.
The DP-008EX can supply phantom power for condenser microphones, even when operated with AA batteries.
(Notice: Operating time becomes shorter when used with phantom power supply. We recommend connecting TASCAM's BP-6AA when using phantom power.)
The DP-008EX is designed with insert effects for all input channels. Insert effects include EQ, compressor, de-esser and exciter. For Vocal recording, you can use the EQ to boost your desired frequency range, and compress your tracks to normalize your song.
Demo song needs the same high-quality as final masters. The DP-008EX has separately adjustable 2-band EQ for each track. Hi-range EQ can be adjusted from 1.7kHz to 18kHz, Low-range EQ can be adjusted from 32Hz to 1.6kHz.Product Features:
- Eight mono tracks
- CD-quality recording (16bit/44.1kHz)
- Two tracks simultaneous recording/ eight tracks simultaneous playback
- Dedicated stereo master track available
- Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
- 2 Built-in omni-directional condenser microphones
- Microphone sensitivity can be selected from 2-positions (Low/High)
- Two TS 1/4" or XLR mic/line inputs
- INPUT A can connect high-impedance instrument directly (Like an electric-guitar)
- Phantom power supply
- Independent LEVEL/PAN/Reverb SEND knobs for each track
- Two RCA unbalanced line inputs
- 20mW/ch headphone output
- Footswitch ready with polarity switching (Notice: can't use RC-3F)
- 128x64 dot-matrix LCD with backlight
- Four AA batteries operation up to 6.5 hours (When recording, using the eneloop battery)
- Insert effects for input channels (2-band shelving EQ, compressor, exciter, de-esser)
- Mastering effects (2-band shelving EQ, multi-band compressor, normalize)
- Auto analysis mastering function
- 2-band shelving EQ for each track
- Reverb effects (Hall1/2,Room,Studio,Plate1/2)
- Optional AC adapter ready (TASCAM PS-P520)
- Can connect an external battery pack (TASCAM BP-6AA)
- Direct locate function by jog-wheel
- Repeat playback between IN/OUT point
- Track edit functionsCOPY PASTE, COPY INSERT, MOVE PASTE, MOVE INSERT, OPEN, CUT, SILENCE, CLONE TRACK, CLEAN OUT)
- Bounce function allows recording of more six tracks
- UNDO/REDO(UNDO HISTORY) function
- Chromatic tuner and metronome included
- High-speed data transfer by USB2.0 connection
- Backup and restore songs
- File import/export by Wav format (mono/stereo)
- Export stereo master file as stereo wav format
- 2GB SD card included